Visitors to Our Website & Receiving Marketing
Information We Collect
Tkm Consulting (Craigellachie) Limited is the controller for any personal data collected through Tkm websites.
Tkm has a form to allow users to subscribe to our blog. This form collects an e-mail address which is used for the purpose of notifying subscribers of new blog posts. You can remove yourself from the distribution at any time.
We also have a number of contact forms for enquiries which collect contact information and the details of the services that you are looking for.
Information collected through the site is collected and processed using the lawful basis of consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
Information provided in contact forms can be processed under a number of lawful bases including for the purposes of entering into a contract or legitimate interests as it is in Tkm’s legitimate interests to respond to enquiries.
Information is sometimes sent to organisations through the post and, where this is sent to a specific person that has not completed an on-line form, this uses the lawful basis of legitimate interests. The distribution of hard copy information will be to promote the products and services provided by Tkm.
We will retain personal postal and e-mail addresses collected through our site until:
- A user removes their details from the notification for new content;
- A user asks to be removed from a mailing list;
- A user does not confirm that they wish to remain on a mailing list.
Please note that business addresses may be kept for longer.
Information will be securely destroyed with immediate effect.
Tkm uses third parties to host their websites and the WordPress platform (see below for further information) and will not pass your information to any other third party unless lawful to do so.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. As stated above, where your processing is based on consent you may withdraw this consent at any time. Other rights include the right to:
- request access to your personal information
- restriction of processing
- data portability
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Cookies and Plug Ins
Tkm uses Complianz to allow users to decide which cookies can be used when they visit our websites. You can find further information on our cookies policy page.
DPO as a Service & Consultancy Services
In the course of providing consultancy services, including DPO as a service, Tkm will occasionally collect personal data. This is kept to the absolute minimum required. When acting as DPO, Tkm can also be legally required to retain information on a confidential basis.
Further information about how personal data will be processed when providing these services can be found here.
Attending Training Courses
Tkm collects information about those participating in training courses in order to deliver training services. The information collected will depend upon the course and links to the relevant privacy notice should always be available at the time of booking.
Our privacy notice for data protection courses can be found here.
Where a course is booked on your behalf by a third party, for example an employer, the information about what information we need to collect and how we process it will be provided to them. You can ask for this information directly from Tkm at any time. See our contact page for details.
We understand that being able to attend an on-line courses is subject to the reliability, integrity and quality of a range of factors, including broadband speed and availability. Providing you book no less than 3 working days in advance of delivery, we will always offer you a test session prior to your course so that you can make sure you can get connected to the platform being used to deliver training.
If, on the day of your session, you are unable to connect to a session:
- Please let us know as soon as possible by e-mail or by telephone. Please be aware that if a session has started, the person delivering the training is unlikely to be able to take a phone call. We will do whatever we can to help you join the session;
- Where that is the case TKM cannot assume responsibility for connectivity difficulties at your end and therefore your course fee will not be refunded. However we will consider rearranging your booking for another course depending upon circumstances. Re-arranging a session following connection issues will only be permitted once;
- Where all participants are having issues connecting to the session, the session will be switched to a different on-line platform wherever possible. Where it is still not possible to continue with the session as scheduled, Tkm will either refund the course fee, re-arrange the session for a mutually convenient time, or agree an alternative method for delivery of any training materials. Any participants unable to connect to a short notice replacement platform will be eligible for a refund.
Courses arranged by Tkm – Customer Cancellations
Please note that this cancellation policy applies only to bookings invoiced by Tkm and does not apply to bookings made through Eventbrite.
If a customer cancels their booking more than 30 days in advance of a course they will receive a full refund of any fee paid, less the cost of any materials that may have been provided. If the cancellation is received 30 days or less before the course, the following will apply:
- For cancellations that are received 30 days or less but more than 14 days before the course start date, customers will incur an administration charge of 50% of the course fee with the remainder of the fee refunded;
- For cancellations that are received 14 days or less prior to the course, or where the customer does not attend the training course without giving prior notice*, the course fee is non-refundable.
Candidates can be substituted by the customer at any time although substitution 14 days or less prior to the scheduled course date may incur an administration charge of 25% of the course fee.
Please note: candidates are required to complete the full course to be eligible to sit the examination. Those arriving more than 30 minutes after the scheduled start time will not be permitted to join the course and the course fee in these circumstances is non-refundable.
In-house Courses or Group Bookings – Customer Cancellations
All in-house courses or group bookings require a deposit to be paid at least two weeks prior to a scheduled course in order to confirm the booking. If a customer cancels their booking more than 14 days in advance of a course they will receive a full refund of any deposit paid, less an administration charge of £25. If the cancellation is received 14 days or less before the date the course is scheduled, the following will apply:
- For cancellations that are received 14 days or less but more than 7 days before the course, customers will incur an administration charge of 25% of the agreed fee for the delivery of training with the remainder of the fee refunded;
- For cancellations that are received 7 days or less prior to the course the deposit is non-refundable.
Where stated on the quotation, courses may be rescheduled up to 48 hours before the planned training date, providing a new date can be agreed with Tkm that is within 30 days of the original training date. Courses may only be rescheduled once.
While we will always try our best to make sure advertised courses run as scheduled, Tkm operates a minimum number policy for all courses arranged by Tkm, meaning that a course will only run if there are a sufficient number of confirmed customers. Decisions regarding the running of courses are usually taken 14 days before the scheduled course date. Tkm reserves the right to cancel any scheduled courses in the event of exceptional, unforeseen circumstances. In the event a course is cancelled by Tkm, course fees will be refunded in full and alternative arrangements will be made where possible.
Unless otherwise agreed, all payments for courses must be cleared prior to attendance. Acceptable methods of payment are currently cheques (made payable to Tkm Consulting and sent to the address at the bottom of each page) or credit and debit cards as accepted by Paypal at the time an order is placed.
Tkm reserves the right to make a charge for:
- payments by any method that are returned unpaid by the issuing bank or building society;
- invoices that are not paid within the timescale specified.
Certificates will be sent to successful candidates at the earliest opportunity after they are received from the awarding body, unless a customer has overdue invoices on their account.
Tkm operates across the UK and is registered as a limited company, Tkm Consulting (Craigellachie) Limited, also trading as Tkm Consulting.
Our company number is SC472017
Our registered address is Craigellachie, Ratagan, Glenshiel. IV40 8HP. Our contact information is available from the Contacts page.