If you are considering taking our BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection, you might have some questions about whether this is the right course for you. This spotlight provides further insight and answers the most common queries we receive.
Who is the course for?
Candidates will need a basic understanding of UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 and some previous experience of working within the realm of data protection.
This is an advanced level BCS Practitioner Certificate for UK-based data protection compliance and data protection professionals.
The course is suitable for:
- Data Protection Officers
- Compliance professionals including those working in Information Governance and Information Assurance
- Human Resource managers
- IT Security and IT managers, Chief Information Security Officers
- Senior marketing and communications professionals
- Solicitors advising on information law
- Company directors of businesses that handle high volumes of personal information, particularly special category or otherwise sensitive information
What to expect from the course
Ten modules will be covered over five days, with online delivery taking place from 9.30am to 5pm, followed by a one-to-one revision session of an hour plus exam practice questions.
Attendees are encouraged to contribute to the sessions by sharing their insights and experiences. There are multiple practical exercises which are completed either individually or in small groups by means of breakout room sessions.
Attendees are expected to achieve at least 40 hours of study, with the course delivery time counting towards this.
What candidates achieve during the course
By the end of the course, candidates will have:
- An understanding of the key requirements of the GDPR and the UK Data Protection Act 2018
- An appreciation of individual and organisational responsibilities
- The ability to understand and apply the rights of the data subject and appreciate the implications of this
- The knowledge to demonstrate and understand the position, role and responsibilities of the data protection officer
- The knowledge and skills required to pass the BCS Practitioner Certification in Data Protection
What does the course cost?
The course cost is £2,350.00 plus VAT, and you will be provided with all course materials in hardcopy, six months’ access to online resources, the hour one-to-one revision session, practice exam papers, registration with BCS and the exam fee.
IRMS members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount on our course fee.
When is the next course?
The next course is running on the 28th and 29th September and 5th, 6th and 12th of October 2022, so please get in touch here to reserve one of our few remaining places.
We can also offer this course in-house – please use our enquiry form if this is of interest.
What our previous candidates have said
“I had many ideas about what needs to be checked and, changes that must be made”.
“The breakout sessions were an effective way of learning more about other organisations and getting to hear other points of view.”